Interchange modifications and frontage road modifications
Construction began late 2011
Carmenita Road Interchange
View the project map
Caltrans will begin improvements to the interchange and frontage roads in Fall 2011 along the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) at Carmenita Road, from north of Alondra Boulevard to Shoemaker Avenue in Norwalk and Santa Fe Springs. This project will include removal of the existing two-lane steel structure, construction of a new ten-lane concrete structure with tight diamond ramps and the improvement of the frontage roads. The project investment is $380 million and it is expected to be completed in early 2015.
Caltrans is committed to keep the public informed about each stage of construction. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- 9-17-13 I-5 South Construction Activities Map
- 9-13-13 to 9-26-13 Closure Notice (I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects)
- 8-21-13 Construction Notice for New Freeway Drive (Carmenita Road IC Project)
- 7-2 to 7-13 Construction Notice for Sewer System at Firestone Blvd Work (Carmenita Road IC Project)
- 4-5-12 to 4-7-12 Construction Notice for Carmenita Ramp Closures (Carmenita Road Interchange)
- 2-28-12 Construction Notice of Work (Carmenita Road Interchange)