HOV lane in each direction and pavement replacement
Construction started late 2010
Hollywood Freeway (SR-170) to Buena Vista Street
View the project map
A high occupancy vehicle (HOV or carpool) lane in each direction is being constructed by Caltrans for vehicles with two or more passengers along the Golden State Freeway (I-5) between the Hollywood Freeway (SR-170) to Buena Vista Street across Sun Valley and Burbank. In addition, the pavement will be replaced to extend the life of the road, lessen the need for maintenance and provide a smoother roadway surface. This project will improve traffic flow, relieve congestion and encourage ride sharing. The project investment of $69 million is partially funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and is expected to be completed in Mid 2014.
Caltrans has put in to place a comprehensive community outreach program to keep the public informed about each stage of construction. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- 1-26-14 to 1-31-14 Closures List (SR-170 to Buena Vista)
- Caltrans Event Notice Burbank Farmers Market 7-20-13
- 1_20_14 to 1_24_14 Closure List (SR-170 to Buena Vista St.)
- NOW OPEN - 1-28-14 Construction Notice, SB I-5 Tuxford On-ramp (SR-170 to Buena Vista St.)
- SCHEDULE UPDATE 3 Ongoing- March 2014 Notice for SB I-5 SW Work between Laurel Canyon Blvd. and Sunland Blvd. (SR-170 to Buena Vista)
- UPDATE 2 Ongoing through December 2013 Construction Notice for SB I-5 Soundwall Work between Laurel Canyon Blvd. and Sunland Blvd. (SR-170 to Buena Vista)
Meeting updates coming soon