HOV lane in each direction
Ventura Freeway (SR-134) to Magnolia Boulevard
View the project map
Caltrans is currently constructing a high occupancy vehicle (HOV or carpool) lane in each direction for vehicles with two or more passengers along the Golden State Freeway (I-5) between the Ventura Freeway (SR-134) and Magnolia Boulevard across Burbank and Glendale. This project will improve traffic flow, relieve congestion and encourage ride sharing. The project investment is $153 million and construction is expected to be completed in mid 2015.
Caltrans will make every effort to minimize inconvenience for drivers during the construction. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically.
Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- 5-12-13 to 5-18-13 (SR-134 to Magnolia)
- 5-7-13 to 5-11-13 (SR-134 to Magnolia)
- 4-6-13 to 4-12-13 Closure List (SR-134 to Magnolia)
- Caltrans Event Notice Recycle Earth Day Event 4-20-13
- Caltrans Event Notice Burbank Town Center 4-27-13
- 3-29-13 NOW OPEN - Construction Notice, SB I-5 Alameda Ave. Off-ramp (SR-134 to Magnolia)
- 1-11-12 Open House Notice (SR-134 to Magnolia Blvd.)
- 05-05-11 Community Meeting in Glendale (SR-134 to Magnolia Blvd.)