Construction started mid-2012
Vista Del Lago Road Overcrossing to Kern County Line
View the project map
Pavement will be replaced mid-2012 along the Golden State Freeway (I-5) from Vista Del Lago Road Overcrossing to the Kern County Line in Castaic. This Caltrans project will extend the life of the pavement, lessen the need for maintenance and related costs in addition to providing a smoother riding surface. The project investment is $100 million and construction is expected to be completed in late 2015.
Caltrans has implemented a multi-tiered public outreach campaign to keep the community informed about this construction effort. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- Vista Del Lago Rd. to Kern County Line: Closures for Sept. 15-20, 2014
- Vista Del Lago Rd. to Kern County Line: Closures for Sept. 8-13, 2014
- Vista Del Lago Rd. to Kern County Line: Closures for Sept. 2-5, 2014
- Southbound I-5 Bypass Lane Coming April 4, 2014
- Northbound Southbound I-5 - 4 Lanes NOW Open in both Directions - Notice - (Vista Del Lago to Kern County Line)
- 8-1-13 through Early September Traffic Advisory for Northbound I-5 Traffic Split between Vista del Lago and Smokey Bear Rd - (Vista to Kern)
Meeting updates coming soon