Realignment of the northbound I-5 Western Avenue on- and off-ramps
Completed March 2012
Western Avenue Interchange
View the project map
Caltrans is realigning the northbound I-5 Western Avenue on-ramp and off-ramp of the Golden State Freeway (I-5) at the Western Avenue Interchange in Glendale. This project will improve traffic flow, relieve congestion and enhance safety. The project investment is $35 million and construction is expected to be completed in mid 2012.
Caltrans has put in to place a comprehensive community outreach program to keep the public informed about each stage of construction. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- 05-18-12 to 05-21-11 Closure List (Western Ave Interchange)
- 08-22-11 to 08-25-11 Closure List (Western Ave Interchange)
- July 18-22-and-25-29-Closure-List-Western-Ave-Interchange
- 12-23-11 On-Going Construction Activities Map (Western Avenue Interchange Project)
- 7-18-11 to 7-29 Construction Notice Night Work for Concrete Pouring (Western Ave Interchange)
- 03-25-11 to 4-8-11 Construction Notice for Temporary Construction Fence from Montaque St to Osborne St (Western Ave Interchange)
Meeting updates coming soon